An exciting opportunity to join Rabbit's commercial team as a food category manager to drive efficiency and commercial competitiveness.
Working closely with key internal stakeholders and a wide range of suppliers, you will manage the assigned categories to increase the availability and the variety of products on the platform.
You will be responsible for identifying business strategies within your appointed categories and negotiating the best prices for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the sourcing strategy for the food categories
- Analyze data to determine industry and consumer trends
- Create and develop a long-term plan for the development of the category
- Develop an exit strategy for unsuccessful products
- Build and drive relationships with key vendors to improve pricing and quality of services
- lead the category ranging, pricing, and promotions across the app
- Manage budget development and revenue for the category
- Good experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment
- An understanding of the market and consumer insights and trends
- Must possess a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Preferably have 2-4 years of experience as a category manager in a retail environment
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Good understanding of numeracy and pricing models