About the Head of Q-commerce Operations Position
The Head of Q-Commerce Operations is responsible for developing operations strategy within a country and business expansion while driving the day-to-day operations. The ideal candidate will enjoy leading within an entrepreneurial environment, being equally comfortable driving strategy, and being in the details of the business.
Duties and responsibilities
- With a focus on the customer experience, The Operations Head is responsible for developing omnichannel strategies to maximize operational excellence. Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing and actioning on data
- Manage Q-Commerce operations roadmap within a country: inclusive of strategy, budget, execution, and expansion
- Manage day to day operations including overseeing orders fulfillment, inventory management, warehousing, procurement, and compliance
- Benchmark, improve/establish, and track SOPs and SLA targets across q-commerce operations for rapid growth
- Develop, review, analyze, modify, and implement efficient and effective operations department processes, systems, policies, and procedures with a focus on driving, standardizing, and optimizing performance.
- Set up key performance metrics (KPIs) to monitor labor management and order fulfillment
- Identify new areas of business, develop hypotheses, size the market, and provide new insights on growth areas
- Review and evaluate performance gaps, and take corrective action, as needed, to ensure the managers/supervisors of each functional area are delivering on operating goals.
- Engage with the marketing & commercial teams to effectively execute the commercial & marketing plans within the country
- BSc. in Business, Engineering, or any equivalent discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of operations management experience in e-commerce, consumer products, and/or retail. Building and leading a Q-commerce operation, from conception through delivery is preferred
- Familiar with the market in Saudi Arabia
- Proven talent management experience providing coaching and mentoring staff to solve problems, and make independent decisions
- Experience in managing big teams and communicating effectively with different business stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Love to work on the ground and come up with creative solutions to day to day operational challenges